Representative Clients and Cases
Shipley Law Group celebrates each new client association and we revere every one of our long-standing client relationships. We offer our Representative Clients and Cases page to introduce you to the individuals and organizations that we currently represent. We encourage you to join them and enjoy the excellence in our work in—
As someone involved with the physical life of Chicago and its future, you deserve and require legal representation that facilitates and expedites everything you build. Count on Shipley Law Group for legal solutions that help you build Chicagoland's future.
- BTL Architects, Inc.
- CNA Insurance Company
- Clarion Construction, Inc.
- Parkreation, Inc.
- Prospect Fasteners, Inc.
- Schaefges Brothers, Inc.
- Structures Construction LLC
- Sofy’s Construction, LLC
- Acorn Niles Corp.
- Ingenii, LLC
- My International Family LLC
Representative Practice Highlights:
- November, 2019: Advance Iron Works, Inc. v. Schaefges Brothers, Inc. and Continental Casualty Company, 13 CH 21554, Cook County, Illinois. Following a 9 day jury trial, a Not Guilty Verdict was entered in favor of Schaefges Brothers, Inc. The jury rejected Advance Iron Works claim for breach of a commercial construction contract which sought $579,049 in damages.
- December, 2017: Adam and Jennifer Pack v. Magdalena Maslikiewicz, 16 L 1501, Cook County, Illinois. Verdict entered in favor of Adam and Jennifer Pack and against Magdalena Maslikiewicz on the Packs’ claims for common law fraud and violation of the Consumer Fraud Act, arising from defective construction and remodeling which had been concealed by the defendant. The Packs were awarded damages of $216,564.29 which included an award of attorney’s fees and costs of $68,444.79. Affirmed on Appeal, 2019 IL App (1st) 182447 (1st Dist. 2019).
- August, 2016: Advance Iron Works, Inc. v. Schaefges Brothers, Inc. and Continental Casualty Company, 13 CH 21554, Cook County, Illinois. Summary Judgment entered on behalf of surety arising from Payment Bond claim alleging breach of contract and failure to issue payment. Earlier claim for alleged bad faith in handling claim also dismissed on motion.
- May, 2011: Wood v. CTA and FHP Tectronics, Inc.
1.2 Million Dollar Settlement achieved for permanent injuries sustained by iron worker during the construction of the Brown Line CTA Project, Chicago. Accident was caused when a metal frame weighing over 3000 pounds fell onto the ironworker. Injuries included Compound ankle fracture/dislocation, Sub-Talar Dislocation and Talar Fracture, Right femoral nerve injury with loss of muscle use, Development of drop foot, right leg, Dislocation of right wrist bone, Two fractures of scapula, Left leg weakness and Balance Problems.
- May, 2010: $630,000 settlement achieved for 36 year old female who was rear ended by a school bus and sustained rotator cuff tear injuries to both shoulders, chondral defect and lateral menisus tear of the right knee, chonrdal defect of left knee and neck injuries.
- EMCO Metalworks, Inc. v. Schaefges Brothers, Inc.(trial dates: 11.4.10 - 11.12.10)
Click to read more details of the case
- In re Scott, 13 B.R. 25 (Bkrtcy.C.D.Ill. 1981);
- Carl v. Galuska. Mentioned at isba.org
- American United Logistics, Inc. v. Catellus Development Corporation. 319 F.3d 921 (7th Cir. 2003) Read about it at openjurist.org.
- Successful defense of claims brought against architect arising from alleged defective design of anchor bolt and setting plate, designed for a commercial building.
- Successful defense of multi-million dollar claim against contractor for mold related cancer claim, including barring plaintiff’s expert, Dr. Brautbar (Erin Brockovich expert) as a testifying expert regarding alleged causal connection between mold exposure and development of cancer.
- Successful defense of industrial machine repair company for catastrophic injury involving loss of an arm, arising from malfunction of a press brake machine due to alleged design defects and lack of maintenance. Alleged damages in excess of $3,000,000. Case settled for $75,000.
- Summary Judgment obtained on behalf of flooring contractor arising from alleged workmanship issues involved in refinishing warehouse concrete floor.
- Successful defense of mechanical installer in claims arising from alleged contamination of juice products at a Libby manufacturing plant.
- Successful prosecution of specific performance contract claim arising from agreement to purchase classic Triumph automobile.
- Retained by multiple insurers to provide pre-suit coverage, liability and damage analysis and defend claims arising from catastrophic construction, property and injury claims.
It's rare to come across a person with the integrity that Bob has. I have known him for 43 years and his honesty and dedication are second to none. I highly recommend Bob for any civil litigation needs.
- Rhonda Lerner
Bob's skills as an attorney are excellent and matched by his loyalty and commitment to his clients. His trial skills in a variety of courts have given him the experience to bring to bear in providing excellent legal services.
- George Bellas
We hired Mr. Shipley in a case involving a fraud against our business, We weren't sure of our options at the time. Mr. Shipley came to us promptly to try to put us at ease and offered us suggestions and options for potential recovery that we were not aware of and helped us to protect ourselves in the future. His professionalism was top notch and his services while very thorough were at a good value which was a big concern after what we went through. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
- David Saffrin
Robert and I have known each other and worked together on various cases for over twenty years. We met while members of an Illinois State Bar Association back in the mid 1980's and have remained friends ever since. He is a true professional, ethical and dedicated to his clients. Robert is insightful and diligent as a attorney and counselor. I would and often do highly recommend Robert as a excellent trial lawyer.
- Michael V. Favia, J.D., Founder/ Senior Partner, Favia Law Associates
Mr. Shipley provided valuable expertise and service during a difficult and lengthy legal dispute with my homeowner's association after my home experienced extensive water damage as a result of the upstairs unit. Although Mr. Shipley was very proactive, I also felt he kept the bigger picture in mind and helped resolve the situation making it unnecessary to file formal legal action.
- Piper Boston
Bob takes on your case with an aggressive search for the facts and all information that is available. He listens to what you say and never loses focus as to what you, the client, are trying to accomplish. He immerses himself in your case and works diligently to get results as quickly as possible. He is very knowledgeable and does not back down when challenged by tough adversaries. A good man to have in your corner.
- Steve Karecki
I have known Mr. Shipley for almost 30 years. Bob is a highly talented and accomplished trial attorney. His personable and professional manner in the court room has garnered great results from judges as well as juries. He is my "go to" counsel for questions and opinions concerning matters of law and evaluation of cases. He is a seasoned veteran but brings a youthful exuberance to the changing technological aspects of this business. That same energy will find him sometimes working on your case in his office on a Sunday afternoon. In these days of voice mail recordings and unreturned messages, Bob is exemplary in his communication with clients. You will feel that your case is always at the top of his priority list.
I'm very pleased and honored to recommend Bob.
- Thomas Hogan
Legal solutions for Chicago's future with Shipley Law Group
Our clients trust us to make legal sense out of every business process from Chicago's Loop to emerging business capitals throughout the state of Illinois . Write, call, or visit us for legal consultation that steers you clear from legal confrontation. Click to our contact page, call 312-527-4545, or travel to our Chicago Loop office—120 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2100, Chicago, Illinois 60602. For immediate attention, send an email to [email protected].