Construction Injuries in Chicago
Chicago construction injuries can be devastating and may have lingering effects on the quality of your life. Sometimes accidents happen. However, if a reckless person caused you harm, you deserve reimbursement. The Shipley Law Group may be able to help ease the burden caused by your injury.
The following injuries can be caused by construction accidents:
- Amputation: The loss of a body part including fingers, hands, toes, feet arms, and legs. This is one of the most serious types of construction injuries.
- Spinal injuries: A serious blow to the spine can cause severe injury. You may suffer lower, upper, or whole body paralysis as a result.
- Brain injuries: A major impact to the skull can cause brain injury. An injury to the brain can affect nearly every aspect of your life.
- Loss of hearing: Working around loading equipment on a regular basis can result in a construction injury that causes permanent or temporary hearing loss.
- Nerve damage: Nerve damage occurs when the area where a nerve lies is compressed. Such an injury can result in paralysis or a loss of sensation.
- Neck injuries: These injuries usually occur when a worker is struck by falling debris. Neck injuries can be minor or serious.
- Eye injuries: If you sustain an eye injury, contact a Chicago construction accident attorney. Improper use of eye wear or a lack of safety goggles can cause eye injuries.
Construction litigation in Chicago
Your lawyer should have ample litigation experience. During your trial, the defendant may offer you a settlement. If you accept the settlement, you may receive compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. However, if you refuse the settlement and go forward with your construction litigation you may lose and receive nothing.
Legal solutions for Chicago's future with Shipley Law Group
Our clients trust us to make legal sense out of every business process from Chicago's Loop to emerging business capitals throughout the state of Illinois . Write, call, or visit our construction law firm in Chicago for legal consultation that steers you clear from legal confrontation.